Eco-Friendly Disposable Razor, Biodegradable
Minimalist vibes! We offer these simple disposable razors made from bio-degradable wheat straw and twin, Swedish-made, stainless steel blades.
- Plastic-free, petro-free & BPA free
- 100% recyclable
- Compostable & biodegradable
Over 2-billion razor blade heads are thrown out every year and many of the plastic disposable razors & cartridges are constructed of so much rubber and plastic that they simply cannot be recycled. This eco-friendly razor is free from both plastic and rubber.
How is this possible? Wheat straw contains this substance known as lignin. It's an organic polymer inherent in the cell walls of plants, making them rigid and woody. When this lignin is combined with sugar, it can be turned into a type of bio-plastic that can be molded into useful tools like plates, cups and well, razors.
Plastic manufacturing uses a lot of energy and produces high emissions. In contrast, because wheat straw is natural, it requires less energy to process. Wheat straw is a natural byproduct of growing edible grains, so there's no additional farming or harvesting procedures required and it's biodegradable, so it takes much less time to break down naturally.
Additional benefits of choosing wheat straw over plastic:
- It takes 3 to 6 months to turn to compost in your home compost and only 1 to 2 months in a local municipal facility.
- Wheat straw is renewable and sustainable.
- It can decompose and be used as fertilizer (sans the razors)
- Non-allergenic & gluten free