Retail & Administrative Support (Part-Time)
Hours per week: 18-20 hours
Shift Hours: 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday – Friday
Dress Code: Business Casual – Casual
The things running smoothly in the Soap Apothecary under the guidance of the business owner. This individual possesses an “other centered” personality; and is an efficient multi-tasker whose role is to help cultivate a destination place for gift giving & self-care! To be successful in this role, you should stay up-to-date with products, and their features as well as, maintain the store’s visual appearance in high standards. Ultimately, the goal is to provide welcoming customer service, while helping the business to meet sales goals.
To provide Bodytruth customers with a consistently wonderful, engaging and positive shopping experience while supporting the business and its owner!
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred Candidates must be minimum 18 years of age Minimum 3 years of administrative support, project management experience -or- retail experience
Minimum 3 years of customer service experience in some capacity is required 5 years of referenceable work experience.
Flexibility to work weekends and holidays if needed.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service Offer a positive, helpful, and personal shopping experience Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping Assess customers needs and provide information on product features Proactively gain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- ORDER FULFILLMENT: Package online orders Support replenishment activities that keep the store full- offering customers a visually appealing variety of products
- ADMINISTRATIVE: Assist with inventory management instore (and online) Other admin assistance may be needed but not required
- GENERAL / ORGANIZE: Organize the shop as needed Assist with packaging and labeling finished products Perform daily housekeeping duties (floor, bathroom, counters, entry door & windows) Physical demands: constant moving, reaching, and standing for periods of time- ability to lift or more Performing other tasks as assigned. Abide by policies/procedures, loss prevention and safety messages in daily operations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Committed to gaining product knowledge (which helps us to serve our customers better)
- Punctuality is a must - this person must be available to open the store and prepare for a successful day
- Capability to follow direction or take initiative as the situation requires
- Ability to work well on a team to create and maintain a pleasant environment for both shoppers and staff
- Ability to work efficiently, productively and independently exercising good time and task management skills, including prioritizing and changing tasks easily
- Ability to exercise and demonstrate sound decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities quickly
- Open to constructive feedback
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Organization and attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Time management
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving & critical thinking skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (but not required) Functional skills with Microsoft Office or the Google Suite Ability to navigate online, perform research, and use email proficiently Ability to use social media effectively is desired Ability to create/design flyers, posters, calendars is desire Ability to use CANVA or some other desktop publishing software.
Bodytruth is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and 2-3 work references to us at firstname.lastname@example.org